09 January 2016

Week 258 - One Layer

It's
One Layer Card
 time again and we are continuing the New Year with a 
Flourish
So we'd like to see a flourish somewhere on your creation.
Don't forget to leave that all important white space and remember...
no additional layers and very minimal embellishments (if any).

Anita

With February not far away I decided to go with a Valentine's Day theme. 
 I stamped the main image, from Modern Flower Flourish by Inkadinkado, off the top edge of the card base then found a stamp which co-ordinated perfectly, from Penny Black Salutations set, and used part of this to create the vertical line of dots to suspend my die cut heart, which was cut from a scrap of deep red cardstock using a mini heart from Lawn Fawn.  I then added some Wink of Stella for some shimmer, stamped the sentiment from Clearly Besotted's Happy Anniversary set and finished by adding some clear smooth gemstones to the centres of the flowers.

Anne

I have used a Katzelcraft tree stamp which I chose for all the flourishes and twirls.  When I thought about it, a tree should flourish too...  I extended the roots to the edge of the card with a Pigma pen, coloured the leaves with Copics ans added a Winnie & Walter sentiment in Memento Pear.

For this card I embossed the rectangle and the stamped the HLS (our sponsor this month)
script stamp within it, overstamping with a beautiful flourish from Stamplorations.
The sentiment is from the same HLS set and the lower flourish from the Stamploraton set.
The black was stamped in black and embossed clear and the white was stamped with
Versamark and embossed in WOW Seafoam white EP.

Sarah

Using the Butterfly Birthday stamp set here from our sponsor this month,
Happy Little Stampers! I started out by stamping the butterfly and sentiment
in Ranger dye ink before heat setting with clear EP. Next I masked the butterfly
plus the top panel and inked up the With a Flourish stamps from Clearly Besotted
in Versamark ink before heat treating with the same EP from Hero Arts.
Next emboss resist sponging ... love my distress inks and here it's Tumbled Glass,
Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch before finish with a few enamel dots and gems.


We hope you have fun with your flourishes this week and we can't wait to
see your designs. It's easy to get carried away but don't forget to stick to the One Layer!
and please try to visit a few of your fellow LIMettes with some
friendly feedback along the way - it's always good to have a comment or two!





9 comments:

  1. amazing cards everyone. I LOVE the use of HLS stamps!!! Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge and wonderful examples. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your beautiful creations. Had fun trying a one-layer card again, this challenges always inspires me. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the fabulous challenge and beautiful DT work for added inspiration! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super challenge, and your cards, dear Dt, are beautiful, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there DT ladies, finally I could make some time free to participate in your challenges, which I really love. Wonderful inspiration from you ladies as always.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful DT creations! And the cards in the gallery are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to one and all. Great to be back and crafting x Thank you for the fabulous DT inspiration and thank you for another great challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please can you delete number 76 I made a mistake and I thank Chrissie very much for letting me know? I look forward to the new challenge tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.