10 October 2015

Week 245

Would you believe it... it's One Layer time again!
These months really seem to roll around quickly.

We have a really seasonal theme for your ONE LAYER creations this time and it's

AUTUMN

The leaves in our part of the world are just starting to change colour and when
we have clear skies and a little sunshine, nothing looks finer!

Anita

I masked a horizontal panel and blended various Distress Inks in autumnal tones.  I then took a leaf image from the Autumn Silhouettes set by Kanban, spritzed the stamp with water and then stamped on my panel one at a time, leaving the water to settle for a short while and then blotted with a paper towel to remove the colour.  Then, using second generation stamping I randomly stamped a small linear leaf image from the Mini Shadows set by Honey Doo Crafts in Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  After removing the masks I finished by stamping the tree and sentiment from the same Kanban set in Versa Color Pine Cone ink.



This Unity stamp is all about autumn to me:  wrapped up against the chill and with a warm cuppa!  She's coloured in autumn shades using Copics and I've added a House Mouse sentiment.


Here is a simple masked card, stamped with Stampin' Up's French Foliage stamps in a variety of Distress Ink autumnal shades. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. Autumn always make me think of thankfulness!


For this one I've gone with Autumnal colours rather than the usual 'leafy' images.
I started out by stamping and watercolouring my jug using distress inks in Peeled Paint
and Mowed Lawn before masking. Using my inky blending tools I've created the background
using: Autumn toned Distress Inks and to finish I stamped the floral silhouettes and
sentiment in Versafine black ink from Clearly Besotted: Simple Silhouettes.

We hope you enjoy the challenge and please remember to keep to the
Clean and Simple rules which are shown at the top right of the page.

***

6 comments:

  1. great stuff from the design team as usual

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Anita left her comment and said my card was nog CAS enough, I realised she is right. So I made a second one and this time I left a lot of white space on my card. Have a nice day, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super theme this week...and awesome cards by the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO sorry I mucked up entering again! I didn't even realize that my card was 2 layers (and yes, I did make it - shows you all how brain dead I can be!!) This is the second time I've entered and the second time I've messed up my entry! And the DT has been SO sweet, commenting on how they love the card even though it's disqualified! Honestly, no need for the very busy (and creative) DT to comment on my card - you guys are the BEST and I promise the next time I enter it will be a good entry. Grateful for your understanding and feeling really silly, Christi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Autumn inspirationcards again! Love the colours but not the rain and cold... Have colourfull week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect seasonal theme, great inspiration from the DT and some gorgeous inspiring entries too. Stef x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.