21 July 2012

Week 77 Theme

Week 77
Theme week once more and this time it's
SEWING
For this it could be machine or hand sewing.. faux or stamped... you could even use sewing related images... just let your imagination roam!

Mandi
Firstly I must say a HUGE apology for not commenting on everyone last week

There used to be a game show on UK TV in the late 90's called Can't Cook, Won't Cook. You can have a glance here if you haven't seen it
Well by the same token, I am
Can't Sew, Won't Sew!! Who does choose these challenges!


So my feeble offering is just this. Hand drawn and cut hearts, hand drawn swirl and pierced with a paper piercer, then stitched.....which took me over an hour!
Acrylic flower to finish and 'Just for you' Stampin' Sentiment.

Now quickly skip down to Chrissie's that are A-MAY-ZIN this week!!!

This is the first time that I can remember ever using my machine to stitch on a card. I've admired the technique for so long from so many different crafters, but I finally got on with it. 
The stamp is from The Rubber Stamp Gallery and I love it! 
I simply meandered back and forth with the machine to create the water and then gently coloured in some of the 'wave' sections with markers applied with a water brush. I decided on the addition of a little Glamour Dust too.
It began as one layer but a smudge put paid to that idea, however it's probably better without the back of the stitching showing on the inside of the card.
The sentiment is from SU.
I simply love using dies and this card illustrates three of my latest purchases. The Flowers and the holes are by Memory Box from Simon Says Stamp and the sentiment panel is from my Spellbinders Twisted Metal tags and Accents set. 
I used the holes in the die which make the embossed notches, as a piercing guide to add my faux stitching. I used my Tim Holtz ruler to pierce the horizontal line of holes for the faux stitching, which I drew with an SU Marker.
I stamped the card for the flowers with a script stamp before die-cutting and as ever with fiddly die-cuts like this one, I added some Double Sided  adhesive sheet to the back of the card before running it through my Cuttlebug, so all I had to do was peel and stick, once it was cut.


'Sew' it's over to you....have fun!

13 comments:

  1. Hmmm not an easy one this time, off for a think. Great cards C&M :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh I dread getting my sewing machine out but have missed so many challenges really must attempt this one
    love the inspiration
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you guys...I really do...but I'm not sure even you can pull me into the world of sewing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi both
    Fabulous cards from you both... Gorgeous...
    Hugs sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This nearly killed me!!!! But your cards are fabulous inspiration as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inspirations from the DT. Also want to drop a line to thanks the DT's for visiting my blog and leaving the sweet luv. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. right up my street this week girls...gorgeous cards from you both as always hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, gals! Thanks so much for a fabulous challenge--I got to use some unused stamps!!! Your cards are AMAZING, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for another awesome challenge! I really appreciate all the time you put into this blog, it inspires me so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely cards!
    thanks for a fun challenge, I actually used real thread & needle this time, I'm usually a faux stitcher! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are some beautiful cards here loving this challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've missed these challenges & am trying to participate again. Didn't think I'd do the sewing one, but got inspired after-all! Love all your cards--especially the one with the water--amazing use of stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chrissie,

    LOL - THANK YOU for your comment on my blog, alas, I obviously was SO EXCITED about this card challenge I overlooked the leaving lots of white space, oh I'm so bad! haha! I'll have to read more carefully next time, thanks for pointing this out.

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.